There are so many choices when it comes to choosing your flowers for your wedding day. Some brides can find this whole process quite daunting and over whelming… So the team at Velvet Lily have come up with a few handy & helpful hints to make your decisions much easier:
1. You should firstly think about the colour, as this creates the greatest overall impact:
Q: What colour will myself and my bridesmaid be wearing? A: if a bride is wearing cream, and her bridemaids are wearing pink- the obvious choice would be to use cream blooms for the bride, and shades of pink for the bridesmaids. Complimenting the girls dresses and therefore creating your desired colour theme.
2. Next thing is to decide on bouquet shape :
• Would you like to carry a natural-stemed (round) posy or bouquet?
• An elegant trailing bouquet?
• Or something different like an arm sheaf?
3. Selecting your flowers:
• Would you like your bouquet to consist of larger/defined blooms such as: lillies, gerberas, iris?
• Or smaller petite/cluster blooms such as: roses, sweet pea, freesias?
4. Are the flowers you’ve selected available and/or in season:
Certain flowers are at their peak certain times of the year, and some may only have a limited season. if you are unsure, one of our friendly staff members will be more than happy to help with your queries, or take a look online for a seasonal availability chart.
5. Buttonholes/Corsages for the bridal party and special guests:
Choosing the buttonhole for the groom/groomsman is easy- you can select flowers that are in the bridal/bridemaids bouquets. ie: if the bride has a bouquet of cream roses and fern, its nice for the groom to have a cream rose and fern buttonhole.
You may chose to have flowers for some or all of the following: Mothers of the bride/groom, Fathers of the bride/groom, Flowergirl(s), Page boy, sisters, brothers, and Grandparents. These flower selections can be made to compliment the finalised bridal set.
Put all this together and you will be well on your way to describing your perfect bouquet!
Still don’t know where to begin? The team at Velvet Lily have plenty of great ideas in our portfolio, on our digital photo frame (located in store), or in our collection of great magazines. So why not make an appointment to see one of our skilled wedding consultants who will be more than happy to help!
Or alternatively- Why not visit our facebook page, there you will find lots of inspirational ideas and see some gorgeous images of our past weddings.